Wednesday, 19 September 2018
We are so excited to start our cookery and baking courses this Autumn and one of the most interesting for foodies and walkers a like is our food foraging and cookery courses with expert food forager Chris Bax.
This one day combined forage and cookery courses showcases 30-40 foraged food items that can be seen and tasted by just a four hour foraging walk along the Monsall Trail just outside Bakewell. Chris then takes a selection from natures larder to create a stunning 4 course tasting menu for our hungry foragers to watch being cooked and then enjoy a small sample.
We have just a couple of places left on Chris's final foraging course before Christmas. If you can't make it this time we will be repeating a foraging course in the Spring of next year.
Tuesday, 13 March 2018
Chatsworth House Cookery
Chatsworth House has long being an advocate of quality local ingredients food and drink and plenty is available from the Chatsworth Farm Shop and also the Devonshire Arms.
Chatsworth in the heart of the beautiful Peak District has long been associated with fine food and cookery and an appreciation of how to use the abundance of stunning local ingredients from Derbyshire Lamb, Venison to locally produced beer such as Peak Ales based on the estate.
Flavour of Chatsworth Cookery Course
Darren's skill is to build up a stunning and complex plate of food by employing his repertoire of cookery skills on this Chatsworth inspired cookery course and techniques and using fresh seasonal produce which can be found on the Chatsworth Estate.
On this Flavours of Chatsworth Cookery Course you will work alongside Darren to produce a stunning 3 course meal made from the finest Derbyshire ingredients. You will take home everything you make on the day to enjoy with family and friends:
Hartingtons of Bakewell has been running over the last few years a number of cookery courses dedicated and inspired by the fabulous flavours and ingredients found locally in Derbyshire on the Chatsworth Estate. Taken by leading Chef Darren Goodwin. The latest menu for the Flavours of Chatsworth Cookery Course comprises:
• Home cured fillets of trout with lime, lemon and dill, served with pickled kohlrabi on a watercress butter sauce
• Derbyshire rack of lamb with local wild garlic and breadcrumb herb crust served with potatoes dauphinoise and poached baby globe artichokes
• Show stopping white chocolate delice with macerated strawberries, served with home made boozy Pimms jelly, a crisp tuile and chocolate teardrops
Skills learned on the day will include:
- How to professionally cure fish
- Basic butchery skills including dressing lamb and preparing it as a French rack for roasting
- Pickling techniques to make stunning looking pickled vegetables
- Creating your own rich butter sauce
- Professional patisserie skills including tempering chocolate, how to make the perfect jelly and how to make tuile biscuits
When does Chatsworth House Re-open 2018?
The fabulous Chatsworth House re-opens for the Spring season on the 24th March 2018 so make a note of the re-opening date after being closed for the Winter.
Don't forget though that you can visit the grounds of Chatsworth House designed by Capability Brown at any time during the year.
During the main season Opening times are as follows:
Last entry 4pm, weekdays and weekends
Last entry 4.30pm, weekdays and weekends
Farmyard & playground