Tuesday 8 February 2011

Asian inspired ice cream

How many of us would associate Asia with ice cream? Not many I would say.

However, I've just returned from travelling around South East Asia for 3 weeks and I can report that this part of the world showers you with all sorts of exotic and unexpected ice cream flavours to tempt and surprise the palate. This was much to the delight of my ice cream loving travelling partner. How about for instance Durian ice cream or even Green Tea and Redbean flavour?

Well the good news for lovers of exotic ice cream is you don't have to travel 14 hours on a plane as I did to experience them. Hartingtons forthcoming Spring Food Fair on the 2nd and 3rd April at Baslow nr Chatsworth will have Sheffield's own Yee Kwan and her Asian inspired ice cream collection. How about lime and lemon grass or black sesame seed to tickle your taste buds?

No comments: